Thursday 23 February 2012

Friday 24th Feb 2012

And breathe…

The morning begins like a whirlwind,
With everyone rushing about,
It is not possible to talk calmly
We must only converse at a shout!
Who needs a packed lunch and who’s done their homework,
Are friends coming back for their tea?
Please eat your breakfast, stop pulling her hair,
And stop acting like you are three! (What do you mean you are three.. stop arguing!)
Frantic teeth brushing, where are clean pants?
What is that terrible smell?
 I really don’t think that’s appropriate
To take in for your show and tell!
One glove, one school shoe, I don’t care if
She poked you while I wasn’t looking,
You need the ingredients right now to make
A stilton risotto in cooking?!
Why can’t we be like a normal family,
Who seem to ooze sunshine and joy,
They skip through fields full of daisies
With their angelic girl and good boy!
We burst through school gates in a flurry,
Faces already a mess,
Trying to give the illusion of calm
But sending out vibes of great stress!
Why me, I want to cry out to the heavens and
Throw myself down in great sorrow,
But sure enough, here I will be,
Doing the same thing tomorrow!



3 comments:

  1. Awh this made me giggle lots!
    Well done Rach, it's fabulous! :D xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soooooooooooo much for your encouragement. Can't wait to see you!Big love xx

      Delete
  2. I like the 'not appropiate for show and tell' bit the best. we have that a lot. you can't stop them though: Paul was chatting with the girls and said that we'd buy a sports car next (jokingly). So Amara, at show and tell, told the class that we'll be buying a racing car soon.....

    ReplyDelete