Wednesday 22 February 2012

Here goes...

Poetic Pancakes

I never want to see another pancake,
Their greasy charm just isn’t very nice,
Will not let them pass my lips and leap directly to my hips,
NO! I’m sure a bowl of salad will suffice!

I never want to see another pancake,
I will not be seduced into their sect,
I am not within their power, just cause I ate twelve in an hour
And I’m sure that fruit would have the same effect!

I never want to see another pancake,
Eating them just really isn’t fun,
It is willpower I choose and with discipline can’t lose,
So will start from NOW… well maybe just the one!


Joking aside, this is intended to be a kind of creative discipline for me. I love words and have always spoken a lot of them(!) and written a lot of them. But, I go through phases and so want to challenge myself to be inspired by something every day. I write what is on my heart. I love to write and would maybe like to do more with it when I grow up(!) Therefore, your feedback is appreciated.

9 comments:

  1. your very clever and beautiful.xx Look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall be looking forward to my daily dose of Rach so yes, the pressure is on!

    I don't know if it counts as feedback or just demonstrates how thick I am, but it wasn't till the second time round that I realised that the third line contains its own rhymes too. Duh! Is that significant? Is it?! Is it??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rach, enjoyed this one, and will be popping back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There’s nothing like having to write a poem to make your mind go blank…

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awh Rach it's Bex here, looove the poem lots! I've bookmarked this site into my phone so I'll be checking every day!! Love you lots!! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooo your so cool! Well done and looking forward to each day. For lent I shall take up reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it love it love it...and you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So vivid, Mrs H, I could almost taste the pancakes :)

    ReplyDelete