Tuesday 28 February 2012

Wed 29 Feb 2012

Why?

Sometimes when I look at the world, it is so hard to understand,
Why there is so much suffering, is this really what was planned?
Free will is great, so we can choose if we do it,
But we got greedy and abused it and honestly, we blew it!
There is a great big holy God, in whom I put my trust,
And sometimes I wonder if he really has us sussed.
But he knows us and he loves us, though I sometimes wonder why,
And for us and our salvation, He sent his son to die.
When I feel weighted down with worry, wonder who will care,
The pressure is relieved because I know that He is there.
When I feel as delicate and fragile as a leaf,
To know that I am not in charge is frankly a relief!

1 comment:

  1. I too am a relieved leaf.... What a lovely deep poem and as usual funny at the same time!

    ReplyDelete